The following steps to translating a search strategy from one database to another will be demonstrated.
1. Access a copy or open your original search strategy (e.g. Ovid Medline). This will serve as a guide to translating your strategy into the other database(s).
2. Open the database you wish to translate your search into (e.g. Ovid Embase, CINAHL, Ovid PsycINFO).
3. In the search box of the new database (e.g. Ovid Embase), enter the first term or phrase from your original strategy (e.g. Ovid Medline).
4. Identify and search on the relevant subject heading.
5. Repeat step 4 for subsequent terms or phrases from the original search.
6. Right click on the article and select Find Available PDF.
Translated search strategy in CINAHL:
Translated search strategy in Embase:
Translated search strategy in Web of Science (note that this database does not use subject headings):
1280 Main Street West
Canada L8S 4K1
Phone: (905) 525-9140 Ext. 22327