Evidence Based Drug & Natural Medicine Information Sources
MicromedexThis link opens in a new windowEvidence-based clinical tool includes a collection of drug databases from need-to-know drug, pediatric, disease, lab, and toxicology information to comprehensive resources for patient and consumer education. Mobile app: drug information, drug interactions, IV compatibility, and neonatal and pediatric drug information.
Natural MedicinesThis link opens in a new windowCoverage: Began in 2003
It contains seven sub-databases: food, herbs and supplements; health and wellness; sports medicine; comparative effectiveness; manufacturers; commercial products and medical conditions.
Users may also wish to create a personal login for remote access and to earn CE/CME. The steps to follow:
- Login to Natural Medicines using your McMaster ID and password.
- Click on “Get Your Login ID” in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the short form, click submit, and then create a username and password.
CPS Full Access (formerly RxTx)This link opens in a new windowCanada's authoritative source for prescribing and managing drug therapy at the point of care. Includes the e-CPS andTherapeutic Choices. To access the mobile app:
1. Go to www.pharmacists.ca/register4rxtx enter the Organization Code: 0064512 and complete your registration using a valid @mcmaster.ca email address.
2. Download RxTx Mobile.
3. Login using the username and password created during registration.
DynaMedThis link opens in a new windowEvidence-based reference tool of diseases, disorders, and symptoms including etiology, history and research findings, diagnosis, prognosis , treatment and prevention and drug information.