The AACODS checklist was created by Jess Tyndall to evaluate and enable critical appraisal of grey literature. This checklist has the flexibility to be applied to a number of grey literature resources.
AACODS (Authority, Accuracy, Coverage, Objectivity, Date, Significance)
- Authority: Who is responsible for the content and are they credible?
- Accuracy: Is the document supported by credible, authoritative sources?
- Coverage: Does the document clearly state parameters that define their content coverage?
- Objectivity: Is there bias? Is it easily detected?
- Date: Can you find the date? For the content to inform your research it must have a date to confirm relevance
- Significance: Does the document add something unique to the research?